Explore My Creative Side

My job is satisfying in many respects but it is not an environment where creativity can be explored.
I am starting this blog to document some of the creative projects I am doing, which hopefully will be interesting, helpful or inspirational to others.  I am an early riser by most people's definition.  I try to set a small amount of time aside at the beginning of each day before anyone else in my home awakens, where I drink a cup of coffee and explore an idea of something I might be interested in making or work on learning something new.  I won't promise a specific frequency of posts, but as time permits I will share some things I am working on.  I think blogs are best if they are "raw", which to me means not waiting to have a project finished and in a perfectly tidy package to share what I am doing.
I will share a couple of interesting and inspirational experiences I just had.  On Saturday morning I went with my wife to a Van Gogh art experience in St. Louis which is located in the Galleria mall parking lot, in which many of his works are digitized and projected on the walls and floor of an enormous tent.  This exhibit plays with scale and converts "still art" into kinetic art, with a mesmerizing effect. 
The following day we went to the St. Louis Zoo.  This zoo is amazing and the admission is free.  I haven't been to the zoo for a couple of years, but you now have to request tickets in advance online, which again are free, for either 4 hour morning or 4 hour afternoon visit.  The weather was amazing that day and the crowds were pretty light.  One of my favorite exhibits is the butterfly house.  I took a photograph of an owl mouth that was perched on a plant.


Comments